Slider

3 Pounds??? I'll Take it!!!

Sunday, January 15, 2017


Week one ya'll in one word was AMAZING!!!!  But naturally with anything new I get that super excited feeling.  I think you could call it adrenaline but for me its my new starts butterflies.  Its partially why I have labeled myself a chronic goal started, but seldom goal finisher.  I get distracted easily by those new starts feels, and so ya, week one was amazing! My goal for myself this week?  Don't cave on the soda, and pack a lunch.

Im really no different from a lot of you.  The holidays hit me hard in the sweets and treats department.  I continued to exercise regularly like I typically do, but boy I got lazy with my nutrition.  Would you believe me if I admitted to frequenting the convenient store across the street form my salon on a daily basis for a 32oz Coke and bag of my favorite Cheetos or Salt and Vinegar Chips?  I know you feel me.  It was cheap, easy and honestly would be enough to get me through my 8 hour day of being on my feet.

It was no wonder that stepping on the scale and seeing that I probably weighed the heaviest in my whole 7 year marriage kinda brought me down.  But it really wan't that number alone.  My jeans were mega tight and I was tiered, like ALL THE TIME!  Something inside me just woke up again.  I knew this Health Bet that Beachbody was sponsoring might be the kind of accountability and reward i know i needed to whip everything back into shape.  Im hanging with the funniest and coolest ladies and friends I have and they are keeping me on track. So much so that I'm dancing in my bedroom in the mornings over a silly 3 lbs. weight loss! Ya'll can talk that up to being "water weight" but already my tummy feels flatter and my jeans feel easier to slide into.

So JUST TO RECAP---- Cutting all the soda and "most of the sugar" out of my week, working out everyday and packing my lunch has given me 3 lbs. of weight loss, easier fitting jeans, more energy and a whole lot to be excited about, perhaps enough to keep me at it for another week.



This is a sample of what we ate at out house this week.  And just a little insight into what i've planned for myself.  This program gives you options of meal plans based on your goals including building muscle, maintaing your weight or leaning out.  IF all goes as planned, Im taking the next two weeks to eat up and build more muscle, then switch to a leaner meal plane to shred off anything lingering that i don't want haha.  Please leave questions below or comment over on my insta, @laurenmair.

Next weeks goals: NO SUGAR TILL SATURDAY, and read everyday out of this new book i started called Staring With Why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan